Monday, January 19, 2009

Cilantro Pesto Pasta

I want to mention the awesome cilantro-flavored pasta I had for dinner. It's very easy and used up lots of things that were sitting around in my refrigerator. I basically followed Heidi Swanson's recipe with a few adjustments: I had a bunch of kale so I chopped that up for the greens in the dish, adding it to the boiling pasta water; also I practiced trying to make my tofu more flavorful by dry-toasting it in a nonstick skillet and pressing down to let the water cook off before putting sauce on it.


The result was delicious- though I wouldn't put so much garlic in next time (I used around twice what was called for). I also topped it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese which was a great addition.
Boiling the noodles and kale together. I used rotini instead of soba noodles because it's what I had on hand. Quick and easy.
Cilantro "pesto"- it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment